The rules are
These rules are seemed simple and enough to get an
equal game. However, after using these rules in tournaments some
years most players agreed that these rules are not enough. To get
equal rules to these rules also must be put additional rules.
Players in Russia are testing to play with the following
Black Choice (rule 12 of renju)
is used both for the 5th and the 7th move for Black.
- Basic rules
- Black starts in the center intersection
- The 2nd move i.e. the 1st move for White can
be put anywhere.
- The tournament rule: the 3rd move Black must make outside the
zone of 5x5 intersections with the same center as the center of
the whole board, the 5x5 zone is a prohibited zone.
- No overline counts as a victory for either
opponents but no overline constitutes a fault (i.e. an overline
- Double-threes and double-fours are allowed
for both players
- Drawback of the game:
- The beginner of the game (Black) has a bit more opportunities.
- Advantage of the game:
- Simplicity and no so strong difference between opportunities for Black and White.
You can play Five-In-A-Row now
using my program
X & O